Spinner (no motor) description
Available to the “right” or to the “left” turn sides.
What is it for?
1. Develops the ability to create a spin from scratch.
2. Trains the vestibular system of the athlete.
3. Increases the stability of the athlete.
4. Develops the ability to create and continue the rhythm of a single or cascade rotation.
5. Develops the ability to keep balance on one or both legs in positions that simulate jumping.
6. Allows you to remove excessive motion and looseness, develops the ability to retain a static posture when entering the jump.
7. Helps to develop retention of the posture of rotation in complex positions of the head (head tilting and even turning over).
8. When combined with the simulator “Fit light”, develops dexterity and coordination.
What does it consist of?
1. The simulator consists of two parts: the upper platform and the base. The upper platform can be turned relative to the base in only one direction (at the customer’s choice).
2. The use of a large diameter support bearing ensures free rotation practically without loss of speed on friction and allows to withstand loads of up to 200 kg.
3. Basic parameters Weight – 8 kg.
Diameter – from 35 to 40 cm (at client’s choice). Height – 6 cm.
The weight of the athlete is unlimited.
The period of service without maintenance (with lubricant replacement) is about 5-7 years.
Theory of spinner application
The basis of the application is the creation of the rotation of the upper platform relative to the base via the muscular strength of the athlete. Because of the spinner’s design, the body of the sportsman is involved in the creation of the rotation in this order: legs, pelvis, shoulders and arms. If this is not done in this sequence, the rotation will not be fast enough.
The so-called “synergy” or the correct wave to create rotation can not be consciously regulated. This movement is very fleeting and is not controlled by the athlete to the proper degree, so it should be developed to the point where it’s done automatically. The indicator of the correctness of the rotation is the number of revolutions achieved by the athlete.
Beginners achieve 3-5 revolutions, which is an indication of poor rotation. Through training, the number of revolutions increases to 50 and even to 80 during one attempt.
It can be used for two or one leg trainings. In addition, it should be noted that rotation on one leg can be performed with imitation of the edge of the skate. This is accomplished by moving the supporting leg from the center of rotation. In this case, the pose of rotation and the tilt of the body are very close to the arc that is acquired when entering the jump. It simulates
Toe loop, Salchow, Flip, Axel jumps very well. If you use a simulator of the opposite rotation, then it can also simulate Lutz.
It is also possible to train pair rotations of two figure skaters on the simulator.